memory errors - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Default Re: memory errors

almost 2 hours, 1.25 passes, no errors. im going to let it complete 2 passes and if nothing then its reformat time. man o man i hope that fixes it. i think now that i just downloaded some bad juju.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Bad Server 08 install. If you got errors running MemTest in Windows and not getting a single error now even after that short amount of time. Windows is having problems addressing the RAM correctly.

This is one of the downfalls to running Server 08 as a desktop OS. You hack and slash it to make it work like a desktop and in the long run you hurt yourself.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

yes that is what memtest (the windows version) was telling me, it "such and such couldn't be addressed correct" "such and such could not tbe stored correctly" etc etc. thanks Mak.

the moral of the story:

see kids....its always better to have an OS partition or seperate HDD...if i had to reinstall all my programs and games i think i would just shoot myself.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

130 issues? What AV are you running?

Windows must've introduced some errors then, good stuff.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

i was running NOD32 and it lapsed and i kept forgeting to update it. lol...i dont think i will forget anymore. man i have a long afternoon of configuring my rig it looks like. reformat almost done. guess i better go get a six pack for this. man if i fire it up and it crashes after this i am going to freak out.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Six pack of EPA or Modello makes stuff like this more fun
Old 01-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

heineken. yep.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

weeeellllllp.....

finished my re-format the other day and everything is great. oh...except for the fact that COD4 crashed AGAIN, first time i tried it ... 5 minutes into the map. sometimes i can play for 3 hours and no problems, sometimes i only get a few minutes.
*sigh*
at least my desktop is nice and clean now lol.

any other ideas? i still am waiting on the RMA cross ship board status from ASUS....but i am reckoning the mobo (or my HDD(s)?) is about the only thing left.

WD drive manager/checker gives me no bad info or error results for either of my drives.