Memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.
When playing a game on onboard graphics, you are using shared memory. It is memory from your current RAM. You may be using up your memory, the cause for your crash.

run memtest with only one stick installed. Then test the other stick all by it's self (using a different slot than the 1st stick). If either stick fails you need to move the stick to a different slot and re-test it as the slot itself maybe defective.

Are you overclocking? Using (2) sticks of memory is harder on the Memory Controller than using (1) stick of memory. This can affect your CPU as they all have to work together. Set your CPU to it's default settings and see if the problem still exists.

run memtest with only one stick installed. Then test the other stick all by it's self (using a different slot than the 1st stick). If either stick fails you need to move the stick to a different slot and re-test it as the slot itself maybe defective.

Are you overclocking? Using (2) sticks of memory is harder on the Memory Controller than using (1) stick of memory. This can affect your CPU as they all have to work together. Set your CPU to it's default settings and see if the problem still exists.

Nah i dont overclock, And yeah ok ill try it in diffrent slots' the guy i bought this other 1gb ram sold me i think is 667 Mhz, and the one i bought of ebuyer is 800mhz' but i put the 667 mhz in a diffrent color slot to the other 800mhz one,

But this was happening befor i bought this other 1gb ram

Ill go and try it now quick and ill post a reply on my dads computer. Be back as soon as pos

If you have two different speeds, 800 and 667, all your RAM will default to 667, the lowest variable. This does not make it any worse.

If you have two different speeds, 800 and 667, all your RAM will default to 667, the lowest variable. This does not make it any worse.

Im runnnig the scan and its coming up with over 100,000 error's , well thats what its saying and it says my ram is at 333 mhz's when it should be 800mhz' for the crucial and the 1gb stick i got of this guy from the computer shop is the one showing all the error's but i havent tested my ballistix one yet,

What should i do?

I moved the ram into another slot and still come up with error's , just put the one i got off the ebuyer.com and no error's , but this is still crashing when i go into dala on any of my char's , should i just stay out of there untill i order another 1gb of ram? There are no errors on my other 1gb stick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom