memory dump error

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_N8

In Runtime
I'm working on a PC that is randomly getting the bsod- physical memory dump error citing an error in the memory management. I know this is a fairly common error and be caused by lots of different things. What i'm wondering is if there is an easy way to determine what the cause may be. I've read that it could deal w/ a bad driver, or memory, or the registry. So if anyone could chime in on the best ways to track this down i would really appreciate it. Is there any good software that can scan your drivers, memory, registry etc. and tell you if something is missing or not working properly?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

What is the STOP code it gives?

For scanning memory: Memtest86+
Burn the ISO to a CD, boot off of it, and let it run for at least 4 hours (overnight is fine).

Checking the HDD... run chkdsk c: /f /r from command prompt and then pick to schedule it upon restart, and then restart the computer and let it do its thing.

So i was getting the "memory management" error and then i ran the memtest over-night and it showed 1.8 million errors, 45% pass, 47% test. I'm not real sure how to interpret the memtest so i don't know if that means to trash my fairly new G-skill RAM or if it is repairable? After i ran the memtest and rebooted i got a different error on startup.. the IRQ_not_less_or_equal. I have a screenshot of the memtest if that would be of any help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom