Memory card fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X2Xtreme360

In Runtime
I think I'm posting this is the correct forum but anyways... I have a 1Gig SD card. I've had it for a very long time and it's never given me issues. I work at a music store and we just put on a small summer camp for a week. Part of the camp is that we record the songs we do. We used a Roland digital recorder and some other gear. The recorder uses SD cards and saves them as WAVs. We used 2 SD cards throughout the process and ONE of them is fine. The 1Gig card wont read on ANYTHING! It wont even read when I stick it in the recorder. Only ONE time I got a message on a Windows PC saying something along the lines of "could not recognize" but that's it! I wouldn't even be able to use software recovery tools as the card isn't even recognized. Normally I would just say forget it but this has some very important files on it including photos. Anyone have any ideas or know of any services I could send my card to to get my data off the memory chip?

There are such services, however data recovery services often cost hundreds of pounds/dollars.

I'm sure someone here knows a good data recovery firm.

well if you google "SD CARD DATA SALVAGE"

you will find alot of various apps that claim to salvage and recover data.

I would weight the options and use at your own risk, professional data recovery is quite expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom