Memory Banks

Tech_In

Beta member
(Sorry if this is in the wrong section but since this is the "hardware section" I assume it goes here)

So I am reading "The Complete A+ Study Guide" in preparation for my A+ exam. In the book, there is a section about memory banks. I know that bus widths come in 32 and 64 - bits but I don't quite understand what the meaning of those bits are. The book also says the width of the bus will tell you how many memory chips are needed to satisfy the bus. Are the chips referring to RAM? Any and all help is appreciated :)

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section but since this is the "hardware section" I assume it goes here)

So I am reading "The Complete A+ Study Guide" in preparation for my A+ exam. In the book, there is a section about memory banks. I know that bus widths come in 32 and 64 - bits but I don't quite understand what the meaning of those bits are. The book also says the width of the bus will tell you how many memory chips are needed to satisfy the bus. Are the chips referring to RAM? Any and all help is appreciated :)

What book are you reading from if you don't mind me asking ?
Also this should explain what bits mean:

What is a Bit? - Computer Memory Definitions

What is bit (binary digit)? - Definition from WhatIs.com

Back
Top Bottom