memory appears full when it's not! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default memory appears full when it's not!

When I run Photoshop with say iTunes, and Dreamweaver I get memory full errors when trying to start up a new app, but there is only about 500MB used and I have a whole 2GB! My CPU is AMD64 X2 4600+

Then sometimes it will go to a blue screen suddenly with a 'memory error occured at location 0x0...... if this is the first time you've seen this screen restart...'

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? Thanks.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via MSN to mattstevenson
Default Re: memory appears full when it's not!

It seems to me that you have some bad RAM, does Windows know it's there? Press the Windows key + pause/break and see how much memory is listed.

It may be that you've got a faulty memory stick, or that it's just seated improperly.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On