mem stick error - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2008, 05:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to robina_80
Default mem stick error

i went out on a job today to copy a program on my usb stick and it did it fine but when i went back to the office to let my collegues copy it on there pc it wont copy it comes up with an error but i can go into the folder i copied and i can view all the files and folders, can anyone help?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: mem stick error

USB drives tend to fail in parts since the same section of the drive is used over and over. It's most likely a part of the drive holding that folder is corrupt and that is why you can view it but not copy. Try deleting the folder on the drive and then re-copying it.

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On