mboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabander

Solid State Member
the computer it shuts off whenever it wants and i dont know what the issue is. plz help me??!!

Does it have an old power supply? They wear out after a while of course, and before they die, sometimes there can be behavior such as that. Could be a virus maybe I suppose. Have you added anything lately, such as RAM? Improperly matched banks of RAM could cause it to have fits, but that would result in something more obvious, I think you would notice that sooner than later in that particular case. What changes have you done lately, if any, that you can think of, hardware- or software-wise. Could be a conflict of drivers.

Hello,

I agree with oldskool as well. Use a online power calculator and calculate how much power your system is drawing compared to how much your power supply puts out. This situation can happen if you are drawing too mcuh power from your PSU when it can not handle that type of load.

Cheers,
Mak

it just shuts down and the cd rom green light stays on than i have to turn the switch off the back of the comp.

Have you checked your temperatures like Makaveli suggested?

You have to help us in order to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom