Maybe Motherboard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheeppOSU

Solid State Member
My computer froze all of a sudden the other day. I attempted to reboot it and before it made it past the loading screen the monitor would just go black before it got to the OS. I took out the video card just to make sure it was all hooked up right. I am a novice so maybe that wasn't a good idea not sure.
Now when I turn on my computer the monitor does not recognize anything it just sits there and blinks analog/digital. The power supply seem to be powering up ok. My keyboard, mouse, and mic do not light up it appears my USB ports anywhere on there have no power. I think they usually come on when I turn on the computer whether the computer boots to the OS or not.
I'm not sure what other info might be helpful but let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Intel Quad Q6600
NVidia 8800GTX
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 (2x1GB)
Corsiar 520HX
Tuniq Tower 120
2x500GB WD hard drive 7200 RPM (SATA)

I think this is all the pertinent information if anything else would be helpful let me know.

Power supply, RAM, and motherboard are all possibilities. Start with a different power supply or different RAM, to see if either of those are the issue.

Ok I will see if I can find some spare parts to switch out. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom