Maybe fried mobo/cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blucube

In Runtime
just tried to fire up the system for the time... everything connected to the PSU works... fans/drives etc... I get no beeps from the chasis... interesting thing is... the heatsink is connected to the mobo... and it works fine... though I had another fan running from the front of the case to the mobo... and it wasn't working... though I took it out of the mobo and ran it to the PSU and it worked... the fan on my vid card is functional to (probably through PCI-E plugs)...

no beeps... no pictures... heatsink from mobo worked, but another fan didn't work through mobo...

oh what to do...

The board may not be switching on for one of two reasons. 1) try lightly replugging the four wire 12v cpu feed until the retainer clicks inplace. I saw that problem when recently a supply on a previous build here from a loose contact inside the plug. Without power going through the default won't be heard since the system hasn't started.

The 2) item is looking at a dead board from bad caps or maybe even a dead bios chip. Nothing not even a fan plugged directly to the board would come on then. On a new build here the first board ran 3 days and wouldn't fire up on day #4. That was returned for a prompt replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom