May have ruined the pc I spent months saving up for.

spoonjarspoon

Solid State Member
So, i just got a new graphics card, as i was previously running on an integrated system. I inserted it into the PCIE slot, turned on the pc, and the GPU's fan started turning. I took this as a good sign. Inserted the CD for installing the drivers onto the card, and experienced a error message explaining that it was the wrong cd for the card. Now, i was determined to overcome this ****-up, and so decided to install the drivers manually, the only way i knew how. Through the device manager. I went into the device manager, clicked on the "Display adapter" bit and the only thing shown was my old intergrated GPU (radeon 8570HD)

I then turned to the internet, and after searching "new graphics card doesn't come up in the device manager" i saw a post stating that you first must disable the integrated GPU through the bios. So i rebooted went into the bios, and disabled the integrated card. I saved and exited the bios, and then realised my blunder. I now have no display what so ever as my integrated GPU is disabled, and if i plug my DVI into the card OR the motherboard i still get no display

PLEASE HELP

Reset your BIOS settings by unplugging your computer, press the power button a few times, and remove the silver coin battery for about 30 seconds. Then reinsert the battery, plug back in, and boot up.

Reset your bios. There will be a jumper to do this or you can unplug the watch battery that is on the motherboard.

If you're getting no display through the card then make sure it is seated properly in the slot and that the PCI-E power connector is properly inserted. For future reference, the IGP on an APU does not need to be disabled to run a dedicated card.

Hey guys me again. I've unplugged my machine, pressed power button, taken out motherboard battery, waited 30 seconds, re-inserted battery, and plugged back in multiple times and still get no display when i plug my DVI into my motherboard.

Yes i did. Spec wise, I have 8gb RAM, AMD A8 6600k processor, and Radeon 8570HD intergrated GPU. The graphics card i bought (on a limited budget) was a palit 650 1gb (Overclocked edition). To be honest, i'm not that worried about the graphics card right now, i just want my pc up and running

Once you get the integrated graphics working again, go to the new gpu's mfr website and download the latest drivers for your gpu from there.

Back
Top Bottom