Massive freezing problems, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaaxx

Baseband Member
Hi there,
A while back I assembled my own pc and after a while I started getting some problems, it freezed from time to time. that includes mouse, keyboard, everything...

Now after rebooting it sometimes still had issues including not even a screen when booting up..which tells me iut could be the GPU?

It can't be the hdd, i bought a raptor and am using that next to my old on.
It can't be the OS because ive used vista and XP, seperate hdd's..

Last week I bought an extra 8800GT to put my cards in SLI and the freezing continued, ive tried switching the GPU's around too..

I'm kinda desperate and i relly want this thing to work towards its capabilities,

My friend told me bout RAM, it might not be compatible with my motherboard? i thought as long as it both supports the same ddr, or ddr3 in my case it wont be a problem..anywys

this is my hardware:
-gigabyte #d aurora case
-XFX 790i Ultra SLI
-intel quad core q6600
-4 sticks of 1GB corsair XMS 1333mhz RAM
-XFX 8800GT
-XFX 8800GT
-X-FI xtreme gamer soundcard
-Epsiolon 700w supply
-WD 150GB Raptor 10.000 rpm
-1TB hdd 7200rpm
-250GB hdd 7200rpm
-3D galaxy II liquid cooling system
-2x cd/dvd burner
-cardreader

pc had 3 freezes in the past hour i dont know what to do, weird beep after the bootscreen of vista just before the lgon screen...
im kinda out of solutions here..
i tried everything or mostly everything u guys told me to but memtest didnt find any errors, i switched ram sticks, switched gpu's, took one out n uswed pc, took the other out n used pc, took the sata wiress off n replaced them..god.. i really dont know, temperature shouldnt be an issue...or maybe for the RAM but i dont think thats a prob since i have corsair xms, the ones with the heatsink already on

EDIT: Ok little add-on the problem, i always have music on, there isn't a single minute while my music is turned off, atm the music is soo freaking laggy, and typing is going in shocks too, thats memory i guess??? how would i identify my bad RAM stick tho....

EXTRA EDIT: OK FREEZED AGAIN! but this time foolowed up by a BSOD...which makes my hopes of survival smaller and smaller...anyways i got a report here for those of you who understand numbers:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80070934E0
BCP2: FFFFFA6003A095F0
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC00000B5
BCP4: 000000000000000A
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082508-01.dmp
C:\Users\Maxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55099-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Maxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD91F.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

If you guys might have a solution please help, i ran memtest, ran stresstests, switched ram and right now im only running 2GB untill freezing occurs, then i can try to replace one with another one to see if it still occurs, thanks in advance

Hello,

Upload the Minidump files to Rapidshare, Sendspace or bandongo. I can then analyze them for what is causing the crashes.

As for RAM you need to have one of the following RAM types:

Code:
DDR3 2000(OC)/1800(OC)/1333
Support DDR3 up to 2000 MHz with EPP 2.0 Memory

If not you will get constant freezes. If you have DDR3 2000 do you ahve the voltages and timings setup right?

Cheers,
Mak

Hey guys,
sorry ive been out for a while but thanks for your replies.
Anyways i still have freezing problems.. so im suspecting the CPU or could it be the mobo.,.. right now im running on 2GB only as i still didn't quite trust my other sticks

2 out of the 4 sticks have a version 1.1, the others are version 3.1 and well..they look kinda different on the sides
more copper less copper etc..
i dont think this is an issue since im running only 2 sticks now, both at 3.1.

as for overheating, my cpu is around 40 at idle, watercooled and at an overclock of 3.0ghz, BUT the freezing occured BEFORE i even overclocked... at heavy load temp increases to 44, 46 but never passes 50
i'm very obsessed by my system temps and i know when things are starting to get too hot

anyways im out of solutions.. ive updated bios to version p06 (latest for my mobo), uninstalled the gpu drivers completely of the system and reinstalled the newest, ran a million memtests.. i really dont know anymore, usually this happens in heavy load or sometimes just randomly..

if u guys happen top know how i could findthe problem or the solution for it or ANY advice which gets me closer id apreciate it lots, been busy with this for the past 2 motnhs n to be honest its driving me insane

thanks guys

im sorry for double posting but i hope u guys haven't forgotten bout me?:p
im really desperate, no idea if i should switch my ram sticks for new ones or not...

my RAM is at 1333MHz, not in nvidia's recommendation list and i fouind most people buying RAM at 1600MHz, 1800MHz or even 2000MHz

hope you guys can help..
thanks

Do you still run SP2 on windows? My computer would freeze up similar to yours, but then I updated to SP3 and the freezing stopped.

not too sure but i ran windows xp 32 64, vista 32 and right now vista 64..
switched hard drives, used both gpu's and both single once. switched around ram sticks, used only of the 4 and switched again etc etc..

now what i think is the ram not being campatible with the board.. and 2 of the 4 rams have v1.1 written on them and the ram stick looks slighty different.. if anyone could tell me if that matters id be glad to know..although my pc still freezes when using either one of the versions....

i wanna try to switch cpu's with my friend.. i hope thats the reason cause i cant stand it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom