Majorly disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminemshow3677

Baseband Member
So I "upgraded" for a Asrock mob with a 2.66ghz intel pentium D and 1gb PQI ram to a Epox mobo with 2gb corsair XMS ram and a AMD 64 x2 3800+ and all this stuff had awesome reviews and I have 5 huge fans on this thing and it runs around 50C overclocked to only 2.2ghz!!!!! most ppl say they have this thing over 2.4 on stock fan and I have a $70 ZALMAN and its runnin this hot! Also I ran 3dMark and it FAILED at 2.2ghz. thats sad right there I don't even know what to think anymore I think I lost all hope for my "awesome" system I just built.

Never could understand the need to overclock, my 3800+ X2 is at 2.00 GHz runs 30c idle with max of 45 full load.

Yeah, GHz doesn't mean everything. I guarantee that 3800+ will crush your pentium D in every aspect even at stock speeds.

I did put the thermal on top of the processor and I'm not sure what is wrong but this thing is not even comparing to my pentium it's so slow and I have twice the ram, twice as good of mobo, and supposedly twice as good of a cpu. Even at stock with all my cooling which is alot(120mm silverstone fan, 120mm aerocool fan, zalman cpu fan and heatsink, and 2 80mm i think case fans) it runs around 50C just being turned on running AIM or something. Please help any suggestions would be awesome thanks for all the responses already and I think I'm going to call AMD and see what they think.

Thanks guys

There are many reasons your Computer is running at 50c, remember to set some fans blowing inwards and others out, this gives the system a better airflow than all blowing in. Also for your system I would recommend a power supply of 500w or above.

You could also install CpuIdle Extreme with motherboard monitor software, this will drop the temp to around 42c. Also as suggested water cooling is a far better option if your confident enough to install it.

BullDog(UK)

My 4200+ runs really hot, and I just decided not to overclock. I now run it stock speeds, on a very undervoltaged 1.15vCore, and it runs at a steady 42-45. I've just got on with it....!

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom