major problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesicat

Beta member
I'm attempting to sort my boyfriends laptop out he has a fujitsu siemens sp2 xp home 1400mhz processor 1.4ghz 248mb ram and started having major pop up problems so a friend of his took it home with him to fix and since having it back cant access his msn explorer or messenger which he uses for browser and contacts etc.

He now has the wga pop ups sating that he is running pirate software which is definitely genuine and has sticker on bottom of laptop etc so havent a clue what his friend has done to it other than installing panicware to stop pop ups and cleaned it up to run faster but after researching my best friend google lol think the problem is due to me not having admin priveleges as he brought the laptop out of the paper and they didnt give him password so every time i try instaling any kind of messenger ie. windows live i get error code 1603 and have also tried to validate windows and get activex problems which i think are also due to administrator privileges.

I have ran the diagnostic tool for validation and am getting the following
microsoft activex controls loading failed your computer is not properly configured to run the validation process.

Does anybody have a solution please as its driving me insane now.

The person he bought it from must have installed an illegal copy of Windows even though it came with one.

The only way to fix it is to buy XP Home OEM (w/ some sort of hardware).

if you have a genuine windows xp or watever key try and get an xp cd,, and use your cd key, that should solve the problem.. theres also tools to check what cd key your using so you can make sure your usin the legit one, try goolge for a xp cd key changer

Thanks for the advice but i know it is definitely the legit copy as we have the recovery disc and manual etc and had installed the windows tool ages ago and everything was fine infact i nstalled IE7 for him a few weeks ago but since his mate has had it to clean up it is now saying that is pirate and when i try and originate it i get lots of problems and have ran the diagnostic problems and is coming up something about microsoft activex controls loading failed your computer is not properly configured to run the microsoft validation process.

And that the validation tolo requiresadmin privileges i have looked in user accounts and my boyfriend is set as administrator but in all settings ie documents i get the last person who owned its name which is aaron we can not contact this person as we got it out of our local paper.

I remember reading somwhere that i can find my key code installed on the laptop so does anybody know where i can find this.

One more question for you the mate who had his laptop to clean up told him the reason he is having wga pop ups is because he had msn 7 installed or that had installed IE7and this causes problems is this the truth as i reckon he hasnt a clue what he is talking about.

IrishNinjaX said:
if you have a genuine windows xp or watever key try and get an xp cd,, and use your cd key, that should solve the problem.. theres also tools to check what cd key your using so you can make sure your usin the legit one, try goolge for a xp cd key changer

I have found my key as i downloaded some program to find it but all i have i a xp pro disc that i had burned off for me by my brother as i had to reinstall on my own computer would i be able to upgrade to pro using the xp home key i have.

nope, the cd key would be for xp home edition only,, you coulld try downloading the xp cd,, since your still using your own cd key its not pirating really, ( i think ) also if you format and use a normal xp disc youll probably have to find the drivers for it again,,have you tried a system restore to get rid of it ,,,nly mentioning that so this thread doesnt get closed as i think its a rule not to talk bout pirating

I have looked and found a product recovery cd-rom windows xp home edition sp1a a managed 2 drivers & utilities, nero 5, adobe and a windvd 4.0 fsc so can i just save all photos and documents i need to disc and run the recovery disc.

Thanks for all your help but i have now validated windows and got msn up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom