Major issues - seeking serious help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiLLaGe

Baseband Member
After weeks and weeks of attempting solutions, my only possible option for help is a miracle, or you guys - i'll go with the latter. I truely hope I can find someone who is interested in involving himself a very long and tedious problem which will test his/her abilities to the max because I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Ok here's the deal - About 3 weeks ago I was playing a relatively high performance game (Warcraft III) on my 2.8ghz, Ge Force Ti-4200. In the middle of a game the monitor light randomly turned orange, the screen turned black, and I was forced to reboot. After I rebooted, I was just running some simple videos on Media Player and my screen turned orange and I was forced to reboot. I then tried some other games, such as Battlefield 2 and World of Warcraft, but those turned my monitor orange as well. (Note - this has also happened while simply talking on Instant Messenger or filling in bubbles on one of my online course exams at byu.edu).

One thing that was happening when my computer rebooted was I was taken to the "send errror report" thing where I was sent to two sites; one said that it was caused by a device driver, and the other said it was caused by a graphics device driver.
I was a little confused about this. I had the latest drivers for my graphics card, my chipset ... just about everything you can think of. Then I thought to myself, "well, perhaps the latest doesn't necesarily mean the best." So, I went to the nVidia website and downloaded some old drivers .. but my computer crashed with those as well.

At this point I was convinced my grahpics card had somehow broken! So, I took out my nVidia FX-5600 but I still received the same problem. What did I do? I put in my FX-5200 but I still received the same problems. At this point I was running low on options. I took out my current DDR400 PC-3200 RAM and put in my PC-2100 RAM but the same thing happened. I was out of options, and a friend of mine suggested flashing my BIOS, which I just did and that didn't work as well. SO, I'm out of ideas and I'll be checking the forums every minute for any responses.
My AIM is: SCrazee PuNNaNi
My MSN is: Pillagez@hotmail.com

Please help!!

what happens when you boot into safe mode?

and are u sure the computer is still on and working when the screen gose blank? ie: can u still hear ur games playing as normal.. or dose everything stop when the monitor dose.

I'll give you an example. I had music playing, and when I went into my hotmail inbox I saw a reply to this thread. I cliked on the link and as I was getting ready to type a response my screen turned black, but I was still able to listen to my music.

Hmm but yes, I can still hear my game when it happens, and I can still hear my music as well.

well i would put it down to your monitor then.. have you tried a different monitor? befor you go out and buy a new one, check it with a friends or something, but if ur games and stuff still run when the monitor turns off it kinda rules out the 3D card crashing, because if it did game would stop...

also give safe mode a go and see if it still happens.

Video cards can do that when they're going out, however you've tried different cards to try to rule that out. Try fidding with the cable when it goes black. Turn the monitor off and back on. Take a look at the event veiwer, see if windows logs an event when this happens. Maybe use compressed air to blow out anything in the agp slot, when you have the card out of course. Make sure the card is properly secured in place, not just thrown in there with no screws like I used to do when i was drunk all the time.

If its not the video card, video cable, monitor, or connection issues, then it has to be the motherboard.

Sui said:
Video cards can do that when they're going out, however you've tried different cards to try to rule that out. Try fidding with the cable when it goes black. Turn the monitor off and back on. Take a look at the event veiwer, see if windows logs an event when this happens. Maybe use compressed air to blow out anything in the agp slot, when you have the card out of course. Make sure the card is properly secured in place, not just thrown in there with no screws like I used to do when i was drunk all the time.

If its not the video card, video cable, monitor, or connection issues, then it has to be the motherboard.

How do I look at my event viewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom