Mainboard Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASH666

Beta member
I Recently bought a used motherboard from England off Ebay....I Live in Canada and would like to know if there would be a power issue as Europe uses a different Power Conversion then North America ? I've tried everything to get this motherboard to show up on monitor but it has caused errors in my new power supply and now after replacing power supply again it still wont show start up on monitor? I took it to a Computer shop they got video to work but when i brought it home nothing worked again ?

The power is fine. The power supply converts all the power to DC (12v,5v,3.3v). The switch on the PSU should be set to 115

Ok thanks i took tower to computer shop the mainboard booted up to monitor but when i brought it home it wouldnt show up on monitor so it must be something else

The Same monitor is hooked up to the comp im using now....the technician thinks its the power in my house which doesnt make sense as i've had 2 computers hooked up in this house before

-check if everything is seated properly (u might of bumped or something might of gotten lose in ur PC)
- check if ur using the right video on ur computer (e.g onboard, video card, Vga, or Dvi)
-if those dont help reset the BIOS by popping out the CMOS battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom