Machine_Check_Exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I got this blue screen for the first time. It said
Machine_Check_Exception.
I could not get a restart for a couple of tries. I could get into safe mode easily and checked some things. I took out memory and even moved slots. It did not make a difference. I then just unplugged my psu, hit start to clear it and plugged it back in and no more blue screen for many restarts now. What could the problem have been?

I have had others say it could be anything but what makes you think it to be the psu? Not questioning you, but just asking. Thanks.

It could be from a lot of things, but you didn't tell us about a lot of things. You said you unplugged the power and plugged it back in and it's working again.

I would clean the interior of the case and monitor the Temperatures and Voltages for a week or so. If it happens again you will then have some information. If it doesn't happen again then you have nothing to worry about.

Also, if it does BSOD again, please write down the ***STOP: code as well as any message.

The inside of my case is spotless almost. I keep it very clean and dust free. Temps are good.

You just need to keep tabs on it. If it does it again write down the ***STOP: code as well as any message. You should also write down what the computer was doing or had recently been doing when it crashes.

You should check and see if Windows Update has recently updated a "Driver". Did you installed any new programs just before it crashed. You should run Memtest86+ just to make sure your memory is good.

Windows had just installed some new updates. I then went in under safe mode and tried system restore to a previous time and even msconfig diagnostic but it would still not boot out of BSOD. It was not until I did what I said earlier with the PSU that it happened to start and has kept on since. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom