MAC External Hardrive has a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlockc

Beta member
MAC External Hardrive has a virus?
What can I do ? I want to save everything on the external hard drive. Any suggestions
I was searching the web for a information on something opened up a forum then about 5 ads poped up all had in the URL my IP address (I think ) I shut down my computer and re -booted it now my computer can't save anything to my hardrive and it only shows up in the disk utilities. Not on my desktop. my information is still on it as far as I know.
I have also run disk utilities repair disk and tried to repair it about 6 times and I tried to Download program that find and. Remove virus but none have helped and there are only a few for Mac's what do I do I just want all my information safe and able to get to there is so much important information what do I do ?

I would also lean along similar thoughts to Alvin.C There are viruses on the mac, though the likelihood of you getting one, or having it cause this issue is very very slim.

99% of the times that I've seen this, there has been some sort of disk corruption caused by software crash or disconnecting drive at a bad time.

So just to confirm, the drive doesn't appear in finder, but does appear in disk utility. Does disk utility report any errors on it?

You've also mentioned that you've run some other utilities on it. What were these and what version OS are you running. I've been told that running some of the older utilities on new OS's is just a recipe for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom