M.2 Drive Issues

MidnightShadow

Night Ninja
Here's my build: Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 960 4GB Superclocked, SPEC-ALPHA ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

Everything is put together with exception of the graphics card that I'm waiting on. The problem is that I can't seem to get the BIOS to see the M.2 drive. Windows also doesn't see it if you try to install it. I've tried a multitude of options, but I can't seem to locate the correct setting to get the drive to work. Any thoughts?

Things I've tried (some seem far fetched, but I went with the threads I could find around this):
- Disable Secure Boot
- Enable only UEFI Boot
- Flash BIOS to latest version
- Enable RAID (this gave me additional M.2 options that I didn't see prior)

Essentially, if any of you have a guide to walk me through the BIOS settings to get the M.2 recognized, that would be perfect. I can reset to defaults and start from there, but I'm otherwise up against a wall with this.

Do you have your HDD in port 1? M.2 in SATA mode disables port 1 of SATA. Some bios requires you to enable the M.2 port as well. This board requires you to disable Hyperkit in the bios to enable M.2 port.

Yes, Hyperkit is disabled by default and has stayed that way. I have no other HDD's connected to the board right now, just the M.2.

Yup. I thought about that, as stupid as that sounds, and flipped it over just to make sure but you can't put it in the wrong way.

You could always try to contact that "awesome" Asus CS. *Walks always giggling*.

:sick: I've already thought about that. I've got a buddy that's going to test the drive in his rig on Friday. If that doesn't pan out, I'll be contacting Asus... Ugh... not looking forward to that.

:sick: I've already thought about that. I've got a buddy that's going to test the drive in his rig on Friday. If that doesn't pan out, I'll be contacting Asus... Ugh... not looking forward to that.

If it's within the retailer's return/warranty period (usually 30 days)...contact them instead of Asus.

Buddy had his Asus 1080 die on him, and he was gonna contact Asus, but he contacted Newegg instead and he got his $ refunded (there weren't any replacements at the time).

Back
Top Bottom