Low on memory messages playing Skyrim with 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

VistaGamer

Baseband Member
I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have 4 gb of ram installed ( 2 sticks of Kingston Hyper X DDR2). I can run most programs just fine without any problems, like Maxed Far Cry 2 and Deus Ex: HR. However, whenever I play Skyrim (on High/Ultra, but i haven't tested the other settings) I get messages of low memory usages.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't mean that Skyrim is taking up so much RAM that I need more than 4 GB because I know people have ran it on maxed setting with 4 GB just fine (and on top of that I'm assuming Skyrim doesn't really need THAT much more ram than programs like Crysis or Far Cry 2). I use CCleaner from time to time but haven't used it lately, nor have I defragged in a while. Are these the reasons why this is happening, or is it more likely that there's something wrong with my sticks? What should I do to make sure?

Thanks In advance.

Is that talking about system RAM, or GDDR# RAM?

What are the rest of your system specs? Most importantly your GFX.

you can also get that type of error if the system is attempting to use virtual ram (hard drive/pagefile ram) and it's not there

resolution is 1440 by 900, no mods, and the only programs taking noticeable memory are steam and skyrim itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom