Low FPS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

domhpd

Banned
I just got a new computer system built, I have a eVGA 7900 video card, I play WoW.

When I started playing with my new machine I had everyhting turned up and the game was running smooth, now my FPS goes down like every 3-5 mins for like 30 seconds then smoothes out again.

When the FPS choppy play starts I hear a faint squeal coming from my computer, now, I dont know if its the video card or what piece of hardware.

Can anyone help out or point me in a direction I can get this resolved.

Thanks

maybe your video card is overheating. the squeal is probably the fan spinning to max RPM. is your card overlocked? if so, put it back to stock. if not, check the GPU fan for dust or find a way to improve airflow

I dont think its over clocked, I didnt put it together, how can I find out and how do I re-stock it, if thats the case?

Usually you cant overclock your video card unless someone has installed the registry file for it. Go to your nvidia panel and see if there is an option that says "Clock Frequencies" If its not on their most likely its not overclocked unless they did it by bios. Oh and I also play wow. Make sure all the pixel shaders are disabled (full screen glow effect, etc) and vertical sync is disable. Also disable trillinear filtering. Your FPS should be way high.

you frame rate will get higher and lower all the time though, more graphically intense areas of the game will obviouslt cause an influx in FPS and vice versa, how bad a drop are we talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom