loud screetching noise! when i turned it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
hey i turned my comp on this morning.. and all of a sudden this loud screaching noise went on the computer booted fine... and nothing looked wrong.. i checked the fans everything fine my comp was runnn pretty cool at 65 Farenheit.. sounded very wierd like someone was kinda drilling into the side of my case.. well i turned it off then back on and it was fixed.... no noise anymore... help will be appreciated.. -john

was probably a fan vibrate...i used to have this happen in my old system

Might be power supply fan or could even be a cable or something that got in one of the fans way.

Yea most of the time that drilling sound is a fan hitting something. Those are really the only moving parts in the case that would give off a sound resembling any kind of drilling noise. My suggestion would be to go in and check your fans and clear them of anything that might be touching them. Even close things can be touching once the fan is turned on.

if it is a fan , it will not get better, it will get worst till it stops turning and if it is your processor fan, you could lose your Processor. If the noise is constant you can open up your pc and momentarily stop each fan with a pencil, finding the one that makes the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom