loud gfx fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

OatesyX

In Runtime
i have an agp pny 6600gt, it has a very loud fan and i was wondering if there was a program i could use to make the fan slower, also i cant see the gfx card temperature in pcwizard and was wondering if a bios upgrade for the card would do anything

Maybe you can replace the stock heatsink and fan with an aftermarket one, like Zalman. I too cannot see the temperature of my gfx card in pcwizard or other programs...I was told my gfx card doesn't have a sensor.

apparently all nvidia cards 6series and up ahve sensors, some are just disabled,(theres a bios mod out there for it ), i got my temperature visible on my moms computer :S, dont know why,, as for getting a new heatsink and fan, not an option,,, i spend enough to get the comp working and im selling it not keepin it so i aint spening anymore money on it,, thanks for the input though

thats the price you have to pay for good setup though lol my 7900 GT sounds like a cd drive is running all the time. all i can think is that there is an option in the bios but last time i checked some companies disabled this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom