Lost all sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

morrty

Baseband Member
Alright so I purchased a new fancy case that lights up and what not. Tonight I decided to transfer the contents from my old cast to the new one. Everything went flawlessly, I'm pretty knowledgeable on this stuff as I have built my own computer. So when I went to go boot up everything was fine, the new fans I bought light up, it booted up fine although when I went to go play a song I had no sound. I find this weird because I have onboard sound on my motherboard. First I tried reinstalling the drivers form the motherboard CD with no luck. Then I tried a couple different sets of speakers and no luck there. Can anyon help me out here? I can't understand why my sound would go out form just xfering the guts to another case. I dont have a sound card on me so I cant try that.

P.S. No its not on mute and yes the green cord is pluged into the green plug lol.

could have gotten damaged durring the switch by ESD or something try going to a hardware store and picking up a soundcard. this happened to me as a matter of fact and i just decided to buy my audigy 2.

Ack, I sure hope it didn't, It wasnt my computer :(

Thx for the reply, Ill try this if noone else has any suggestions.

P.S. I was pretty careful about that, I rested the MOBO on anti-staic bags and what not when setting these pieces down

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the onboard sound device? Go into the BIOS and just double check that the onboard sound is enabled as well. Hmm, I would be willing to think that during the case transaction ESD go a hold of it...possibly?

Check the bios and make sure everything is the way it is supposed to be. Also make sure the onboard sound is not disabled.

I'm having the exact same problem. Morrty, have you sorted it out yet?

I've tried resetting the CMOS and reinstalling the onboard drivers, both without success. Next step is buying a PCI sound card.

ok, heres a possible solutions, on every mobo there are pins for front audio ports on a case, if your case doesnt have front audio there will be 2 jumpers set in the pins on the mobo, if those jumpers arent there BAM no audio even though everything is installed properly, make sure those jumpers are in or front audio ports are conected properly, refer to your manual, it will probably say what im saying

In my instance, the audio jacks on the front of the case don't connect directly to the motherboard; instead, they have two plugs like the ones that come from headphones or speakers, which are apparently meant to be threaded out the back of the case and into the jacks on the back. Silly idea if you ask me.

Anyway, this means that the pins which were previously connected to the front jacks are now bare. Should they have jumpers on them somewhere? The manual doesn't mention such a thing - you can find a digital copy of it here:

http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/mainboard/board.php?name=I91PL-A7 PCI-ED

, if you're feeling really helpful. It's the JAUDIOF1 header that I'm talking about.

sorry man, couldnt make sense of that mobo manual, id says your proplem is originating from there though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom