loss of FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
Randomly, my pc went from getting about 100fps in counterstrike source to 30. Also, when i play FFXI i lag a lot. I havent changed anything, ive ran anit virus... idk what is laggin down my fps. I have the x1600 pr 512mb video card. Is it fried? i havent over clocked it or anything. PLEASE help me out! what is causing the loss of fps. please help, thanks!

go into the processes tab, and look for programs which are using lots of memory. How much RAM do you have? most programs should have around 1 to 6000ish K of memory usage. anything significantly above, like 20,000 to 80,000 you should remove, depending on how much ram u have.

i have 2gb of ram... 1 of the sticks is generic, the other is good. i jsut started having this problem so im ok with the ram i guess. Only things that are around 20,000 and SYSTEM stuff. and internet explorer and firefox are around 50,000.
this just started happening. i do not think my graphics card is fried... i dont over clock it, but i do play final fantasy XI a lot... PLEASE HELP! lol

HEAT... I bet your computer is hot... My FPS went from 60-100 down to 15 consistantly because of heat... If you have a floor fan, put it next to computer on high... Play your game... Watch the FPS... If it doesn't drop then HEAT is the problem... Otherwise it could be a million things...

I got the exact same problem.

Crap like this makes my wonder why i dont just become a console gamer.

hmmm it is getting A LOT warmer here in Chicago... but i do have one of those extension slot fans. well, thanks for the help guys. keep posting if u find anything else^^ thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom