loosing faith in the ATI chipsets quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
ok, i had a lanparty crx3200, it slowly stopped working dure to a c1 error in bootup.. so i got tired of it an got an abit... low and behold,,, i try to boot and what error do i get??? c1.... the board is insulated and everything for my peltier, so all that work for nothing. Turns out that all of the rd580 boards have c1 errors. I guess that shows how good of a chipset maker ati is

You're just unlucky.

EVERY computer product ever made has had a batch of bad ones. It just happens. It could be that a set of those chipsets were made badly, and then you got unlucky enough to get two of them lol.

lol yea. now im mad because i pitched the other in the dumpster lol.

RMAing it would be hard because it has about 1/4 inch of conformant coating on the back and on the front, along with some silicone and dielectric grease lol.

Wonder what friggin brand i should try now. Seeing how i run crossfire, kinda hard to get around using an rd580 board, ughhh. Dont wanna buy a 3rd and it do the same thing.

I will try a few different brands of memory tonight.. technically,, my memory is not listed on their site as supported lol.. i use patriot memory. I went ahead and ordered some kingston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom