Looks like I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
Ok so i just put my x1900 All In Wonder into my computer and when i load up a 3d application or game the computer reboots. Its running on the stock Aspire PSU that comes with the q-pack, so obviously its a PSU issue.

I know the PSU is close to being able to run it..maybe im doing something wrong? The PCIE-Molex power adapter is connected, however it splits into 2 molex...do i need to connect both?

The PSU puts out 14amps on one rail and 16 on the 2nd 12v....its 420 watts as well....Is there any way i can get this thing to run? Ive only got 1 hdd and 1 optical hooked up. The specs say 30amps to run the card.... why cant i run it...

Any suggestion would be great.

well I'd say your card isn't getting enough amps
the main reason I don't like split 12V rails is they don't give that many amps on each rail, as you'd normally get on a PSU with a single 12V rail.
the other reason is, it's kinda pointless to split the rails. it's probabbly just a marketing tactic.

I'd suggest you get a PSU with at least 25A on a single 12V rail, or at least 18A on each rail if it has split rails.

i cant really try another psu as the other ones i have are even weaker...

i re-installed drivers... same issue. Hmm....could it be that i connected the cad wrong somehow?

If its not the psu what could it be?

yeah... i guess theres nothing to even try out... or try to fix....guess i gotta forkl another 100 bucks.

yeah i installed civilization III and it worked flawlessly....i guess this solidifies that i need more power... as CS source crashes right away and so does battlefield 2.

what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom