Looking for some bios help

Status
Not open for further replies.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

It's good that you learned to do it your own way through trial and error.
YAY
YAY_by_vegeta32.gif
! And also what he said :p ^.

Yea... but it still doesn't sleep correctly :wtf:

And I had to do this again:

PCPerformance.jpg

How do I change settings in bios? it slept with the old bios and windows xp, maybe for some reason sleeping is disabled, but windows 7 doesn't recognize it. when it first re-booted with the new bios, the sleep button was gray and I couldn't click it

Try this.

Go into the BIOS and go to the power menu.

Then set the ACPI Suspend Type to S3(STR).

Save settings and reboot.

Then try the sleep mode.

ok, but how do i get into bios? press del while it is booting? is the "enter setup" function really entering bios setup?

Edit: nevermind, i found it and changed it, but it didn't fix the sleep issue

I searched around and it looks like a common problem with Windows 7 going into sleep mode.

Try this.

Control panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings

Right click Local Area Connection and select properties. (If you see more than one, select the one that's mainly being used for internet.)

Then select configure. And tick off the box that says "Allow this device to wake the computer". Press OK afterward.

And that's what it's all about! *falls over*

edit: b1gapl, I did that exact same thing with 7 with the network adapter setting, and works fine.I had the problem of it never waking up from sleep.

This is what I have set everything to, and it didn't fix it:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I'll play around with these settings and let you know what happens

I tried unclicking all of the boxes, that didn't work, I also tried changing these settings:

004.jpg

and that didn't work, and I tried enabling/disabling hybrid sleep, and that changed the amount of time between the computer turning the monitor off, and waking back up again, but did not solve the problem (time period was shorter with hybrid sleep disabled).

I also thought i should mention that I have a XFX 9800 GT graphics card if anyone knows any issues with these cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom