looking a complete stress test for p3 based pc's

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I'm having a very very bad problem with my pc. last week I gave my hp patched brio a600 a new cpu upgrade up to 850mhz p3. for about 4 days that week it was quite stable, my starlogic 400watt power supply had began makin very faint fan motors noises but would then stop after 2 minutes and would began every hour..... this week my pc be booted up fine and after every 4 hours it would restart itself at first I thought it was the 2 HDD but than I checked the HDD error log in xp and it said there weren't any major or bad sectors however though it had pointed to 2 problems the system with this icon (!) and then the cpu with this icon (?). I know my system can handle the cpu fine, if it didn't it would be rejected from the bios immediately. however the power supply had gotten worser each day where it would gently knock on my new gateway case a little bit. about 45 minutes ago my cockerspaniel began barking and screaming because the system was rebooting nonstop and beeping at the blue screen of death and repeating (he gets scared when I'm not there at my pc working on it and no one to fix it). I shut down the pc and mobo was barely even hot and there weren't any signs of hardware malfunctioning..... luckily I had my 7 year old 300 watt gateway power supply installed and now xp starts up normally like it did 3 weeks ago. is there a stress test I can do on my system meant for P3 systems and without harming it ? I need to know now if the system hates the cpu or the 400 watt power supply I had in earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom