Looking for Alternitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
I am working on a Lenovo 3000 J Series computer
Lenovo 3000 J Series Specs
When you turn the computer on the Monitor blinks on and off for a few sec and then nothing. I get no Bios post, no MB beeps, nothing.
I tried installing a graphics card thinking maybe the on-board burnt out, but no avail. I am now assuming with no warnings, the CD-Rom kept doing a start up cycle, and the no picture, that the MB is fried...
I just wanted to check on here first and see if anyone had some other suggestion before i tell the owner to scrap it...

Try another psu.

pull out gpu, ram and try to boot. If the mb is still good it should beep like crazy at you. (assuming you have a working mb speaker of course)

The Power light comes on, the CD-Rom powers up, and there is a memory card reader that lights up. So i dont think PSU. the HDD is now unplugged too and no beeps. I am gonna try ram, if still no warnings i think i am gonna call it cooked

Still if you had a psu laying around it would not hurt to try. You are probably correct but I like to try everything before I toss a board.

Ok when I pull out the ram i get MB beeps. So problem is standing at thus...
No HDD (unhooked for safety to data while testing), CD-Rom unhooked because it keeps cycling like its looking for a disk that is not there.
Both on-board and add-on graphics cards
When PC is powered on, the monitor light blinks green/orange
Beyond that i can't tell what is happening
I am open to ideas and suggestions. I want to try everything before i tell the guy he needs a new MB.

O and client reported that the computer was working fine. The PC was shut down for the night, and this is what he had upon starting it the next day.

reseat ram. try different combinations of ram in different slots to see if you can get it to post. Try different ram if available. Test ram with memtest.

reset cmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom