Lookin for Sony DRU-720A driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp1dp

Baseband Member
This hardware prob is a bit complicated. I know having the following driver may not even help.

Im lookin for Sony DRU-720A DVD Rewriter driver. I have looked on the following site:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Sony-DRUA-JY-Download-14018.html

the file "720A_JY08.zip" has 720A_JY08.exe, but doesnt recognize the drive. I am looking for the inf files and whatever comes with them but have a hard time finding them. If anyone has a copy of these files, can you back them up for me with Driver genius or something. Like stated i have 720A_JY08.zip from the above mentioned site, i dont know whats goin on because the persons computer im workin on wasnt recognizing.

More details: seemingly worked one day and not the next (not my story), user may have put in some sort of mobo driver/utility CD for another computers system. IDE 3 optical drives 1 HDD. I switched the IDE from HDD and opticaldrive1 to opticaldrive2 and opticaldrive3, the side connected to board wasnt switched around, hence same same cable and IDE socket used diff drives. HDD didnt boot up, and only 2 "Boot from CD" messages (lines) appeared instead of all three.

Hard to explain, computers not mine, dont know specific details about lack of functionality. All I can do is describe what happened after i got it.
any help would be great. seems as if the 2nd IDE socket doesnt work (the one with the other 2 optical drives). But the 3rd op-drive on the 1st doesnt work either (the HDD on the same cable works...its boots obviously).
like i said i would appreciate any help.
ill try to draw a little diagram and post link to it
thanks

here is redramatization. crude drawing. reminding that the users computer is not avail to me but i can understand responses without visualization (unless you describe as vividly as I do lol).

If not stated earlier, user said worked one day and not the next. Prob would hafta install wind0ws again.

http://www.geocities.com/dp1dp/config.gif

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom