logitech headset trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

StriderZ

Solid State Member
Hi,

i just bought a logitech "premium stereo headset", it has of course headphones and a microphone..the microphone works but there's no sound coming from the headphones, the sound still comes from the PC speakers, and yes i've tested the headphones on my TV and it does work. i tried to put the headphone into every jack behind my computer but no luck..it only works when i take out the PC speakers plug and put the headphone plug where the speakers were..was it suppose to do this? because i tried on my friend's computer and it wasn't like this.

depending on your sound card, that's usually how it works. I plug my headphones into my speaker port when I need to not wake up the entire house :)

That, or plug it into the speakers. Unless of course, you have a sound card that lets you do otherwise.

yes i have a soundblaster card and i have to switch the putput from the card back and forth between my headset and desktop speakers. which is gay, but just the way it is with the audigy card.
the newer cards have headers that you can connect to your case's plugs, allowing you to use the back plug for your desktop spkrs, and the case plugs for your earphones/mic, and the card silences the desktop spkrs when the headset is plugged in. mine, unfortunately, isn't that fancy. onboard, i don't know....i haven't ever used onboard sound with a headset. but you SHOULD be able to connect it to the proper headers and use the case plugs. whether this will silence the desktop speakers, i don't know. i think on my 590 mobo, i have to actually choose wether i am going to use back jacks or case jacks, i can't use them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom