logitech g5 game settings don't work in my games! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default logitech g5 game settings don't work in my games!

I click enable game detection and apply settings when game detected, and click advanced settings and I have the x and y settings very clear for the 3 square light things. For example on the top one the x is at 2000 dpi. I also put hl2 in the 'recognized games' part. But no matter what it doesn't work. If I try hl2 or hl1 source the mouse is still slow as **** even with the top square light on(when it is up to the highest in other words). This is ridiculous I want the settings to work.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: logitech g5 game settings don't work in my games!

are there settings in game for the mouse? and i assume that the mouse works fine on the different settings outside of games, just going along on the desktop.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

yeah there is mouse snetitivty settinghs. btw ive found that when i take my mouse out of usb port and put back in, the setpoint adcvaned settings usually start wokring
Old 08-29-2007, 08:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

ok ive found that whenever i minimize the window nad put it bak up, the setpoint settings stop owrking. so i have to plug out and in again to usb port. however, what i dont understand is, i though t 2000 dpi would be really fast, but i still have to increase the mouse sensitivity settings in cs:s otherwise the mouse is constantly going to far to the right or left and i have to pick it up and put it to the left/right to move it right/left again.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

can no one help me? i want to use DPI settigns instaed of mouse sensitivity but i keep having this problem (^^^) unless i up my sensitivity to 4.0 or something, and thisis with the dpi at 2000 in setpoint.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Uber Sanoob Techie

Send a message via AIM to san21893

whats the advantage of having 2000 dpi instead of just turning sensitivity higher, is it more accurate?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Are you sure your drivers are loaded correctly along with your software? CAuse my Razer mouse with 1600 DPI works jsut fine. I can turn the sesativity up without a problem. I would think you have to get the latest version of the software and not just the stuff from the CD. Cause i will bet that is for XP and you are runnign Vista. That would mean the software isnt working correct cause it isnt right for VIsta.

Get the right software.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 09-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
Are you sure your drivers are loaded correctly along with your software? CAuse my Razer mouse with 1600 DPI works jsut fine. I can turn the sesativity up without a problem. I would think you have to get the latest version of the software and not just the stuff from the CD. Cause i will bet that is for XP and you are runnign Vista. That would mean the software isnt working correct cause it isnt right for VIsta.

Get the right software.
i think i solved the issue, except it goes way slow when i minimize the cs:source window and then put it back up. when i do this, i have to plug the mouse out and then plug it back in.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by san21893 View Post
whats the advantage of having 2000 dpi instead of just turning sensitivity higher, is it more accurate?
i think it is but maybe i am just imagining it.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by san21893 View Post
Is Mouse DPI linked to Mouse Sensitivity? - BeyondUnreal Forums this is a thread on that

Closed Thread