Logitech G11 Keyboard causing freeze-ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rook9566

Solid State Member
OK, recently built a new system and for some stoopid reason I felt i needed a fancy schmancy keyboard to go with it.

Well, I got the system up and running no problem, but while I was installing the logitech keyboard software it froze up. OK, I reboot and sucessfully load the software. Play around a bit... get another freeze. This happens many many time, random freezes for no apparent reason. I do memtest, find nothing wrong. My temperatures are fine. I'm lost for an answer. Then one time I am staring at the keyboard's illuminated keys and they go out. I check the screen and sure enough the computer was locked up again. Hmmm could it be the keyboard? Let me swap it out. So I do, I get my cheapo keyboard and plug it in and reboot... blue screen of death. I try again, this time I can get to just before it asks for a password to get into windows, and freezes up. I try safe mode with the cheap keyboard and I can get into windows, but what does that tell me? I can't get into safe mode with the G11 becuase it is unresponsive at that point in the boot sequence.

I tried uninstalling the G11 software, but windows wont let me in safe mode.

Now, I can't get back into normal windows with either keyboard. I want to completely uninstall the G11 so I can see if it was the cause of the freezing but I can't. Anyone have suggestions?

Reinstalling Vista is my last resort becuase I am stuck with dial-up and the MoBo DVD isn't working, so I have to install the drivers by internet DL and its taken be 6 days to get to this point.

Hello,

A Restore point will be your only hope. Short of that you will have to reinstall. As Vista does not have a Repair option. Since you can not get into Safe Mode can not do any thing else.

Cheers,
Mak

Well the keyboard seems to be the culprit. I eneded up doing a clean install, this time I left the keyboard out of the picture. So far no freeze-ups. I'm using an old cheapo KB from another PC. Just goes to show sometimes cheap is better.

Not really sure if the problem is related to the Logitech software or Vista, but nevertheless, this hog is going back to Egghead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom