Locked in at 30ish fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivia869

Beta member
A few weeks ago, i bought a new graphics card so i could run HL2 Episode 1 as best i could. At the time, i was using a 6800GT via BFG. So i bought a 7900GT via eVGA. I got the card, installed it and it begins...

Before installing the 7900GT, i ran some tests in fps of F.E.A.R and HL2 Lost coast. For now, im just gonna give lost coast fps results. My 6800GT came in at 31fps, 32 another.
I install my 7900GT and my fps is 32, 31 anohter. That is so weird to me, i was hoping it was just a faulty card, cause i heard every other one was fault by that model i purchased. So i RMA the card back to newegg, and purchase the badest boy i could find. I bought the ati x1900xtx w/512MB. I installed this card, and again, no change at all. 32fps on one test, 30 on another. Can somebody please explain to me what could be the cause of this?

****, the only thing I can think of is that you card is v-synced at a half, and would be locking it down? which would be odd, does the frames flux or stay constant? have a gander under the Catalyst drivers, see whether theres some sort of INSANE Anti Aliasing or Anisotrophic Filtering on, which with that bad boy should affect it slightly! Thats all I can suggest!

Ruan

most certainly i think its halved, cause i have a friend who has a similar setup, that gets twice my frames, and has the same card i do. where do i check for this vsync at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom