Lock-up on right click

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegypsylord

Beta member
I am having the strangest problem. I am duel booting windows xp prox64 on drive "c" and vista 32 bit enerprise on drive "d". XP pro 64 is fine. But in vista, whenever I right click anything at all, short cut, folder, desktop.....anything.... I get the <insert program> is not responding message and I have to task end it. I have an nvidia 8500 gt 512 mb video card, asus alive MoBo, 2 gigs of geil ram,and a 4200+ x2 64 bit AMD cpu. This build is 2 months old and this is the only problem I have had. I believe that I have a problem with the shell. Any ideas?

The program you are using is not compatible with vista, as is 75% of the software on the market. If its screwing up on something as basic as gui function, its not compatible.

Well, I dont have anything installed yet except World of Warcraft, and the Vista version of the graphics driver for the Nvidia. Oh, and MS Office 2007.(supposedly made for vista). Im gonna scratch the 64 bit Win on c and move vista to C to see(no pun intended) if that will help. I cant even update the 64 bit xp because of the tight hold vista has on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom