Local Disk is not Accesible, I/O Device Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridalin

Solid State Member
A week ago, my computer crashed from a bad Mobo. I got a new computer up and running, and everything is good with that.

But my old boot disk, when I hook it up as a slave and try to access the files, it comes up with "D:\ is not accesible. The request could not be preformed because of an I/O device error."

Can't find anything out on other forums, and there is no way I can wipe. ( I absolutely need the files on this drive.)

Is there anway to obtain the files off this disk, maybe a program of the sort. I don't care if th edisk works aftwards or not, just need the files.

Thanks in advanced.

Edit: If it helps, the computer doesn't even pick up the drives size. 0kb free of 0kb total space.

Get a Ubuntu Live-CD. Boot off it. Do not install Ubuntu, but choose you want to try it. See if that detects it at all.

Hope it works, thanks I'll try it later tonight.

If not, I'll probably just send it to a specialty shop and hope for the best.

Thanks~

Happened to my HDD with all my movies on it. I was able to back up most of the movies (sans about 30 of them or so) with the Ubuntu LiveCD; but the other files were located in bad sectors and couldn't be repaired.

You can try running a chkdsk /r on it from command prompt in Windows (Start > Run > cmd (if running Windows Vista/7, you can just type cmd in the start search box, right click, run as administrator). Then type in this:
chkdsk d: /f /r

Let it run (do this after you backed up all you can).

You may also want to try running the diagnostic program and/or boot disc that your HDD manufacturer provides (e.g. SeaGate provides SeaTools, in either a Windows-based program, or DOS-based bootable program).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom