this little problem with max payne

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattl148

Baseband Member
i have a radeon 9800 pro which i upgraded from a geforce 5200, which i upgraded from a geforce 3, 1.8 ghz 512 mb ram 133mhz. i have this problem with max payne where it seems like the mouse will be delayed while its loading images or something like ill turn and it wont turn until about a split second later which gets kind of annoying. it veries with different drivers i use also, im using the 4.12s omega right now and i get the best benches with it however it seems like this problem is the worst with these drivers.

the 4.12s also smooth the mouse out a lot giving me better frames but still this split second freezing problem is the worst with them.

i just want to get it where its constantly smooth throughout the whole game because i dont have this problem with any other one besides max payne. also lowering the video settings only seems to help a tiny bit but its definetly still there. i was just wondering if there is any kind of tweak or setting i could mess with to fix this?

and i remember the old geforce 3 could actually run the game better

yes, as you suddenly turn, it has to load all the new textures it needs. i found this happend to me, and another 512 of ram, like apokalipse said, made it much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom