Little help tri-booting - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Little help tri-booting

Hi there,

I'm in the process of burning (literal fire) my vista disc and going back to XP, but I am going to tri boot it with Debian 4.0 and Red Hat when I get RH. The problem is though. XP doesn't recognize the RAID0 I have set up. I have 2 WD 150G HDs in a RAID0 and I would like to have them split in 3 partitions. One 200G partitions for the primary which will be for XP and then 2 50s for Debian and RH. When i get to the screen to hit enter to continue the set up the exact message is

"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program."

Now here is the kicker. I decided to no put a floppy drive in A because its just more weight to my already heavy computer and B I thought a USB drive could be used in place of it. So I put in the disc I got from my ASUS P5N-D mobo into this laptop and I went to the USB drivers and it says my mobo doesn't need RAID drivers if I am using XP SP1 or better. WTFOMGBBQ I HATE WINDOWS! Which is why I going to self teach by books and trial and error linux versions. Any help is most welcome.

Thanks much.
Closed Thread