A little experiment on MB repair

eh..... personally, wouldn't waste my time with XP. it's getting down to a matter of weeks before support ends. Try using a Linux distro on it like Puppy Linux or Lubuntu Linux

Last edited:
Lol not keeping the system with xp, Just putting it to make sure it runs, Only thing my buddy really needs is the MB, he's got a Q6600 I think and his current board stoped working but has win 7 and all the other parts so I'm just building it to just make sure it works.

Dauntae

YAY so far so good, Sorry it took so long to get back to this but have been super busy in life But anyhow had the new caps soldered in but have not had time to test it out. Well my new NZXT tower came in for my new build that I havent yet ordered all the parts for so I figured why not test out the board in the new tower, Got a spare PS and dvd drive and went to work installing it all and 15 minutes later went looking for my old XP disk then thought about it. I'm NOT registering it or even keeping it on this HD so I just used my Win 7 disk to see how the MB is working and so far so good, No issues yet and in the middle of installing windows. and not 1 BSOD or crash yet LOL Well we'll see once windows is in and see how it works. On a good note I got all the caps in right, None exploded when I powered up LOL.

Dauntae

Glad to hear you got them replaced successfully.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Can't put it on the net but it's still up and running well this far, installed a few small programs MS office and some old games and it's doing well without issues, Now to take it apart LOL This MB is one of my charity cases to poor ish friends to keep them gaming with my buddies, I have the MB, Another guy has (I THINK) a quad core and DDR2 ram but if not he can have this duel core I have in it and another one of our group has a GTX465 he says (Didn't know they had a 65 variant but OK) We just need to get him to part with it now and the rest he already has. YIKES it just scared me LOL The monitor just went off.... I forgot to disable sleep mode LOL But it woke up fine so all is good. It's nice to collect everyone's old junk to build something someone can use. I was going to give him a GTX 460 someone was giving me for helping him with his PC but I managed to get a second one for $25 today so I'm going to SLI them and use that until the GTX800's are out, The GTX470 I am using now is staying in this system as I plan to use it in another room in the house. If I could only find another 470 cheap I would be real happy LOL Can only wish right.

Dauntae

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom