Linksys wmp54g pci card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

In Runtime
I installed a wireless pci card in my pc (windows 7 ultimate 64 bit), after I ran the disk and installed the adapter its showing that Im connected and have a strong signal but when I open the internet browser I'm not connected. Does anyone know how can I solve this?

I installed a wireless pci card in my pc (windows 7 ultimate 64 bit), after I ran the disk and installed the adapter its showing that Im connected and have a strong signal but when I open the internet browser I'm not connected. Does anyone know how can I solve this?

Did Linksys include a software suite called RALINK ?
If they did, please get rid of it and go to linksys.com and try to find a compatible driver that will work with your card.
I've seen and dealt with ralink stuff and its not very usefull for networking homes.

Linksys WMP54G PCI wireless card problem

Are you sure that the network you are connected to has internet access, or that you are connected to it properly? Try connecting to the wireless router. You can do this by clicking the connection icon in the taskbar, right-clicking the network that you are connected to, clicking "status", clicking "details", and putting the number under "IPv4 Default Gateway" into your browser URL bar. If you see the router config screen, or get a windows asking for a username and password, then you are connected to the router. While you have Status-->Details open, It's a good idea to check the rest of the stats. If you can connect to the router using that number, and you still cannot visit any web pages, then list the other stats here so we can see them. It's ok if it says "no internet access" under "ipv6 connectivity", that is ok as long as your router does not support ipv6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom