Linksys Wireless Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
I recently purchased a linksys router that is capable of wireless activity and a linksys wireless card and i have 2 computers one is hard wired to the router and is getting internet just fine and the other computer is getting the card. but after installed the CD that came with the card on thecomputer with the card i cant get anything to open or work the Network Monitor that im supposed to use to select my connection thru is not working. it wont let me uninstal or reinstall or open it at all. I am not sure why but its tricking windows into thinking that it IS working but its not. and windows turns off its connection selection thing and tells me to use the software that i got.... but that software doesnt work.....

id apreciate if anyone can tell me how i can correct this issue.

you might be able to download updated software from the linksys site...Other then that i don't know (networking is not my thing)

you do not need to use the software that came with the card, however you do need the driver. You should be able to uninstall somehow, what have you tried?

When uninstalled, find the driver (probably through windows update) for your card, and then just use windows to manage it :)

Let me know exactly what it's doing to not let you install the software, and I might be able to help :)

I've tried going thru windows add/remove programs to try and remove the drivers but when i click finish to complete the uninstall they remain there.

The Computer messed up when the CD was running so that might be the issue?

well, yes that would do it. To get rid of the programs, you'll probably have to go in and delete the files yourself. Or, and probably the better choice, run the CD again and see if there's a repair feature, or re-install it and see what that does.

ok i'll try that

Thx :)

*update* I've figured out what i think the problem is. I noticed that the card seems to be working fine because it picks up my network. but when i click on the bubble to get to where i configure it. windows is saying that it cannot. and its telling me to go use the software i have... well i dont have any software to use....*/update*

*update 2* I've done all sorts of methods to get these drivers out. I'vedeleted the Linksys folder from program files. I've gone to the properties for my card and tried to uninstall from there but it says i cant because it may be crucial to system booting. i've tried control panel.*/update 2*

Have you tried device manager? go into safe mode, right click mycomputer then manage , then hardware tab or look for device manager. Then find your card and right click uninstall.

Also what linksys router is it?as some can use custom firmwares, Id recommend custom firmware like tomato:
Tomato Firmware | polarcloud.com

how do i go into safe mode?

and my model is WRT54G2

not sure what custom firmware is but could you go into detail.

go to start>run and type msconfig

when the box appears click boot and then check the box saying safe boot click apply and ok and click restart pc. It should now boot into safe mode.

In device manager your network card might show up with a yellow ! that means something is wrong with it ,right click and choose uninstall. If it doesnt have a ! next to it find it in the list probably under network adaptors.

custom firmware can make your router transfer data faster, make it more stable and also provide more options to you. Thats if you know how to access your router settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom