Lines on computer monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
Whenever I play a game on my PC I get strange lines that come from the middle of each side of the monitor and curve up and down. This only happens while playing a game. I can only see it well when the screen is dark. It is very noticeable in Oblivion. I have a Compaq CV935 17" and my graphics card is an eVGA 7900GT PCI Express. Is it a monitor problem? Anything I could do to fix it?

Thank you!

-Nathan

Is there a way you can get the screen dark using some other program that is not a game? Or if you have another monitor you can swap it out to tell if its the monitor or not. Sometimes but rarely you can degauss the monitor and it will clear it up.

Yes. It does not do it all the time. Only on certain games. When the PC starts up (windows XP logo screen) it does not do it. Another monitor does not do it either. How do I degauss the monitor?

-Nathan

There are buttons on the front of the monitor that you use to do that. Go into the menu and look around until you find the degauss option.

maybe the game is overiding the refresh rate, and the flickers are more noticeable on this monitor than on others? check through the game settings.

I degaussed the monitor and it helped some. However, they are still noticeable.

maybe the game is overiding the refresh rate, and the flickers are more noticeable on this monitor than on others? check through the game settings.

It's not flickering. There are steady lines. Would the refresh rate cause that?

Thanks!

Have you got v-sync turned on in the games that it's doing it in? If so try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom