lightscribe DVD burner

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hi guys I'm hoping someone can help me.

I am having trouble with my lightscribe DVD burner. It was working fine last week in my old computer but when I built this new one and transferred it across the lightscribe function has stopped working. I am still using the same version of Nero as I had been on the old system and the drive burns and plays everything fine – it's only the lightscribe.

I have installed the lightscribe control software and anything else I could find online but no joy. I also updated the DVD drives firmwire using software from LG (the manufacture of this drive) but still the same error message.

What am I missing?

LightScribe error:
A communication error has occurred with the lightscribe drive.
Please restart your PC and try the label again

I have restarted just to be clear

Anyone got any thoughts on this?
Really missing my lightscribe labels.

I have disconnected and reconnect the drive, tried different sata cables and changed to a difference sata port on the motherboard but still the same issue

yea, I have updated it when I installed windows (It came on the DVD drives install cd but i updated the software after it didn't work)

Are you sure you are using LightScribe compatible disks?

Not real helpful but this is from the HP website:
Why does my LightScribe drive not recognize the LightScribe discs I purchased?
If you are not using a LightScribe disc, the LightScribe disc is dirty, or if the LightScribe disc contains updated burning capabilities, you may receive an error when attempting to create a label:
This is not a LightScribe disc .
Cannot create LightScribe label.
LightScribe Engine Error: A communication error has occurred with the LightScribe drive. Please restart your PC and try the label again.
Make sure that you are burning labels with gold discs containing the LightScribe logo.

I wasn't aware that anyone still used LightScribe. I bought a LightScribe burner when they first came out (2004?). I used it to burn one disk and thought it was too much of a hassle and took way too long so never burned another disk. I went back to my old standby, hand-write on the disk with a Sharpie.

Back
Top Bottom