Lights are on , no body is home

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Well, I'm back from a couple weeks ago. How was everyones holiday? I hope it went well as mine is turning into a frustrating experience.

According to page 71 of this manual dug up by hefemeister , the P4A845S V 1.1 uses 133 ram, which I was on the right track. but, putting in the PC 133 ram gives me the same beeps which are confuses. I would hate to keep 'parting' out this computer.

Here is the funny part. With the new ram, I get the same long beeps. Now, with a 64bit chip of ram, the system turns on and begins to purr without any POST beeps at all from the motherboard itself.

So, I put in the new chip. Long beeps. I put in a lower capacity chip, no beeps, no POST beeps and the machine stays 'on'. Any suggestions? :confused:

on page 68 of the manual it indicates it is either the ram or graphics so i would have to say if both of these are known to be in good working order then it would be the board or at least a socket which is the mystery is it working intermitently and causing more confusion sorry no real answer just more questions for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom