lightning damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

procagefighter

In Runtime
after a thunder storm my computer hasnt been working properly. it turns on except the monitor doesnt diplay anything or recognize its connected to the computer. also the fans dont quite down...they used to turn on high for the first couple of seconds of boot up...now they are constantly going on high. im not sure if that could be any power supply problem...

any input would be extrememly helpful.

Is the computer able to boot up at all? It sounds like it doesn't even POST, and everything just goes on full blast, no monitor signal.....

Do you have a different monitor that you could try on the computer? Try reseating the RAM, GPU, & CPU...

Also, if you weren't already using one, a good item to get would be a surge protector. Get yourself a nice one, and if you get a lightning, the surge protector will take the hit, not the computer...

to be more specific...i have a surge protector. and i have on-board graphics.

everything boots up...i mean i can hear the harddrives and cd drives starting up. maybe what i was thinkin was that the power supply got messed up and is sending wrong voltages to the mother board...i have a 24 pin connector for the power supply.

You should try to check the CPU a friend of mine had that same problem an it was that. It seems that with lighting sometimes voltages not just goes up but it can go down and the surgeprotector protects you when it goes up not low you should get an AVR (Auto Voltage Regulator) to prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom