the life of computer memory

Jake

In Runtime
Most memory has a life time warranty, including yours. If it shows any errors testing it with Memtest, then contact OCZ for an RMA. Last time I RMA'd memory, Patriot wanted all 3 sticks that were purchased as a set, they did replace it but they were extremely slow

A lifetime warranty? Really? How do they make any money?
In 2010, OCZ Gold's RAM (1066MHz, not your specific model) return rate was 7%, the third highest in the industry. I would probably imagine that about 2/3's of those returns were due to DOA's, not failures down the road. That's a VERY small percent of product that would then warrant a lifetime guarantee actually being used.

RAM, overall, has a very low probability of naturally "wearing out". Things that can exacerbate RAM degradation would be excessive exposure to heat and under-powering the modules.

Last edited:
OCZ is out of the RAM business, so about all he would get back is the current market value of that speed/size set... Unless OCZ has a stockpile...

that's one thing I never figured out yet.....
Lifetime, the lifetime of the company, the lifetime of production or your lifetime?
(they're not tellin!):confused::lol:

that's one thing I never figured out yet.....
Lifetime, the lifetime of the company, the lifetime of production or your lifetime?
(they're not tellin!):confused::lol:

Limited lifetime usually holds to how long they have the product in stock. Lifetime they will grant warranty to the product if they have it in stock, or replace it with something of similar value. If the company goes under, don't expect to get anything. That's why I have held back recommending any OCZ product lately until I know for sure in 5 years time they will be there.

XFX had a double lifetime warranty which could be carried over to a second hand buyer but I don't think they have that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom