lga 1336 retention bracket installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

up-smash

In Runtime
I got these

Heat sink:Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Retention bracket, for my lga 1336 system:Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Mobo: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPOWER X58A LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I'm having trouble installing the retention bracket on the motherboard. Pieces seem to get in the way and screws that came with the retention bracket and cooling system don't fit in the sockets in the mother board...

any suggestions?

Update!!: I will be working on getting images on the internet very soon

I'm assuming you took your old heatsink off first? ;) Are you installing the retention bracket the right way around?
If you can get pics up it'd really help.

The retention bracket fits the holes in the mobo, its just that, the little plastic things on the bottom of the retention bracket that secure the retention bracket aren't there =[. So I don't know what to do... I've tried taking the plastic things off of the old one I have, but that didin't work out so well... so I don't know what to do =[

I'm working on getting pictures up right away

Smash,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom