LG W2361V turning on and off on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyriano

Beta member
Hello all :)

Bought about 13 months ago an LG W2361V monitor. 1-2 days after buying it started turning off and on by its own and many times it was stuck and I could not re-open it.(it has a touch/proximity sensor for on/off) This temporaly fixes if I remove the power plug for a bit. Also I noticed that when it is stuck it acts like the touch sensor is not actually not working but it functions like it is pressed all the time. (as while holding the menu button it opens and then closes again)

Brought it to service, where they said it sometimes happen but an adjustment in the touch sensor would fix it. Got it back and after a week it showed the same problem. So brought it yet again to service and demanded a replacement. They did so (about a month later ><) but again the new monitor would turn off sometimes.

Suddenly it stopped and only did it once every now and then (very few times) Actually lately it hadn't done it at all. But for about 3 days now it does it as often as it gets. Service is not helpfull at all and they say the best I can hope is yet another replacement with the same model.

Anyone has any ideas or knowledge if or how I can fix this on my own? As I am very pleased by the monitor if you except this and this is not really a period I can be w/o one for a month again. Aw I notice: I was moving at some point and the monitor was not working for about a month (not plugged or anything). After this it didn't have even one problem for a month or so longest it lasted.

Thanks for the time reading it :thumbsup: and plz answer if you can help in any way as I need my pc almost 24/7 atm :)

Have seen a few posts about this monitor to be honest. Some suggest return/refund/replace, others have suggested a very sensitive power button.

Sounds like this particular model of monitor has a design flaw...

Sorry i can't be much more help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom