LG l226wtq-BF artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkolk

In Runtime
I bought a LG l226wtq-BF model widescreen monitor and when i watch live action movie or TV shows on it there are times where i will see artifacts. They look like discoloration dots that flicker in certain places. Now it happens everytime in the same place, so if i go back and play the same part over it will happen exactly as it did before everytime. Is this a specific monitor problem as in should i return the monitor for a different monitor, or is my particular monitor defective and i should just return it for another lg-l226wtq-bf?
Also ive determined my computer is not the cause, i tried it on a different computer with a different graphics cards and the artifacts happen just as they did on my computer.

I think it's dead pixels. There is usually a policy for dead pixels. Meaning that a certain number of dead pixels need to be present, in order for a return or exchange.

haha...The King of Queens...good show.

na its not dead pixels, if during the video i pause it, you cant see those artifacts it goes away. They only appear in motion, so its something the monitor is doing as it draws the motion picture i think.

I took those photos in motion with a camera.

Then it must be your graphic card producing those artifacts.

You should see if it's overheating. Or if you have overclocked it, lower the clocks down a little until those artifacts don't show up.

I dont know if this helps by my friend has a large crt tv with the same problems. When we turned the contrast down it got rid of a odd colored shadow that was always to the right of some objects, almost similar to what you have.

Then it must be your graphic card producing those artifacts.

You should see if it's overheating. Or if you have overclocked it, lower the clocks down a little until those artifacts don't show up.

No not graphics card, it happens on mine ati 9800pro and happens identically on a computer running a nvidia 7950.

Could it be the media or video itself?

No, it happens on DVD's also which run perfect on other screens.
Also happens with various media players.

So could this be a defective monitor, b/c i havnt read of this happening before. It's not ghosting its something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom